Leadership at the Eller College is dedicated to delivering superior management education and advancing knowledge through groundbreaking research.
Jeffrey W. Schatzberg
Dean and Lou Meyers Professor of Accounting
Eller College of Management
The University of Arizona
Jeff Schatzberg is Dean and Lou Myers Professor of Accounting at the Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona, where he has been a faculty member for the past 28 years. In addition, he has been on the faculties of the College of William and Mary, the Thunderbird School of Global Management, and Middlesex University in London, England. Professor Schatzberg completed his BA in Philosophy, MA in Accounting, and Ph.D. in Business Administration at the University of Iowa.
Professor Schatzberg is widely published in the most prestigious accounting and business journals, including the Journal of Accounting Research, The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, and Public Choice. His research and teaching interests are in auditing and managerial accounting, and some of his current research examines the impact of the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) on market behavior, as well as the behavioral effects of budgeting systems, such as Responsibility Centered Management (RCM) models. He has given numerous seminars at several U.S. universities, including the University of Chicago, Washington University, University of Washington, and USC, as well as international schools in Canada, England, Wales, Norway, France, Germany, and Switzerland. He has also served on the editorial board of several scholarly accounting journals.
Professor Schatzberg has been teaching managerial accounting courses in the University of Arizona’s Eller MBA Programs (full-time, evening, executive, and online) for 21 years. In 1998, 2002, 2005, 2009, 2010, and 2011, he received the “MBA Faculty of the Year Award” from the Eller College, and in 1997, the Arizona Society of CPA’s “Excellence in Teaching Award.” He also received the “Best Professor Award” from students in Thunderbird’s Global MBA for Latin American Managers program in 2008 and 2009.
He is a licensed CPA in the states of Arizona and Iowa, and worked for several years as an auditor and tax accountant in the Phoenix office of KPMG Peat Marwick. His work experience includes both manufacturing and service industry firms, as well as not-for-profit institutions. He has extensive experience in executive education worldwide (e.g., Taiwan, Mexico, Korea), has developed customized managerial accounting programs and consulted for numerous companies (e.g., Raytheon, Honeywell, Intuit), and has taught executives from many multi-national firms (e.g., IBM, Motorola, LG, BenQ, Acer, Mattel, Kimberly-Clark).
Professor Schatzberg is a co-author of the popular managerial accounting textbook Introduction to Management Accounting, by Horngren, C. T., G. Sundem, D. Burgstahler, and J. Schatzberg, 16th edition, Prentice Hall.
- Lisa D. Ordóñez, Vice Dean
- Pat Sousa, Assistant Dean for Administration and Academic Affairs
- Jean M. Vock, Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration
- Hope Schau, Associate Dean, Eller MBA Programs
- Rich Boulger, Assistant to the Dean for Corporate Relations
- Tammy Farris, Director of Development
- Pamela Perry, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs
- Anne Pagel, Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Programs
- Stephen Gilliland, Associate Dean, Executive Education
- Paul Melendez, Assistant Dean, Executive Education
- George W. Hammond, Director, Economic and Business Research Center
- Heather Strasser, Director of Alumni Relations
- Gina Wallen, Facilities Planning and Operations Manager
- Liz Warren-Pederson, Director of Marketing and Communications
- Carol Wertman, Special Assistant to the Dean
National Board of Advisors
For additional information, please contact us.