Leadership at the Eller College is dedicated to delivering superior management education and advancing knowledge through groundbreaking research.
Eller College Dean
Halle Chair in Leadership
Professor of Management Information Systems
Eller College of Management
The University of Arizona
Paulo Goes is the Dean and Halle Chair in Leadership at the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management. Before taking that role in March 2016, he served nearly eight years as Head of the Department of Management Information Systems and the Salter Distinguished Professor of Management and Technology. He received his Ph.D. in from the University of Rochester.
Dr. Goes’ research interests are in the areas of design and evaluation of IT-enabled business models, big data analytics, innovation exploration, emerging technologies, ecommerce and online auctions, database technology and systems, and technology infrastructure. His research has appeared in several top academic journals including Management Science, Management Information Systems Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of MIS, Operations Research, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Computers and many others. He routinely presents his work and delivers keynotes in top conferences of the field of information systems. Dr. Goes has just finished his term as the Editor-in-Chief of Management Information Systems Quarterly, the most prestigious journal in the field of information systems. He has also been recognized with the 2014 INFORMS Information Systems Society Distinguished Fellow Award.
As MIS department head at the UA, he was actively involved in developing high-level educational and research programs and partnerships in cybersecurity and big data analytics. He co-founded and directs INSITE: Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics and is the co-principal investigator of the multi-million dollar grant from the National Science Foundation intended to educate the next generation of cybersecurity specialists.
Born in Brazil, Dr. Goes began his career in civil engineering before immigrating to the U.S. for his doctoral program. He and his wife have two children.
- Lisa D. Ordóñez, Vice Dean
- Pat Sousa, Assistant Dean for Administration and Academic Affairs
- Jean M. Vock, Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration
- Hope Schau, Associate Dean, Eller MBA Programs
- Elizabeth Fields, Associate Dean, Development and Alumni Relations
- Pamela Perry, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs
- Anne Pagel, Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Programs
- Sandy Kenny, Executive Director, Business Consulting
- Joe Carella, Assistant Dean, Executive Education
- George W. Hammond, Director, Economic and Business Research Center
- Heather Strasser, Director of Alumni Relations
- Gina Wallen, Facilities Planning and Operations Manager
- Carol Wertman, Special Assistant to the Dean
National Board of Advisors
For additional information, please contact us.